Monday, September 26, 2011

Saying goodbye never gets easier!

Friday morning at 5:30am I dropped off Granderson and Joba to be transported to Lucky Dog Animal Rescue, I knew all along that these guys were slated for rescue but it didn't make saying goodbye to them any easier! It's funny how in just a few weeks you can become so attached to these guys even though you tell yourself daily that they aren't yours, they WILL be leaving, you are simply giving them a place to crash until it's time for them to go home! But still you wake up every morning to their silly faces and you care for them when they are sick, you feed them and play with them, and most of all you love them almost instantly.Though you may convince your head that these guys do not belong to you your heart never really gets it, and when they are gone to new homes and loving families you can't help but feel heartsick over their absence.

Granderson was the hardest for me to let go of hands down. I came so so so close to just calling and saying "I can't do it, I cant let him go!", but I knew in my heart he deserved the chance I had hoped to give him all along, the chance to have a family of his own. He was my study buddy, he would lay with his head on my lap while I read my biology books and anatomy texts. He was my silly little goof ball, always up to something crazy and making me laugh constantly.He had the BEST fat bully feet and I could have just eaten them right off of his legs. He was a lover of belly rubs and snuggles and gave the sweetest kisses ever. I miss him so much but I am happy to report that he was adopted the day after arriving in DC!!! He is home with his forever family and that makes my heart ache a little less. Have a great life baby boy you will always be special to me <3

Joba was our little fuzzy butt. When I picked him up he was a barely 2lb ball of fur with a tiny little monkey face. You couldn't help but love him. He was the great defeater of toes and a master of the innocent puppy face! He was just too darn cute to ever stay mad at. He had a very unusual habit of sneaking off to nap behind toilets, no idea where this came from but we figured with all that fur he must like being close to the cool porcelain. He was the runt from the same litter as Granderson and desperately smaller, he came to us barely able to eat 2oz and we wondered if he would ever catch up. Well when this little guy figured out how to eat he hit the bowls wide open!! He left us weighing just a couple lbs less than his big brother and able to hold his own at play time. We miss that little fuzzy bugger and we know he is going to find love wherever he goes! As of today he is with a lucky Dog Rescue foster family still awaiting adoption. IMG_6518IMG_6508IMG_6441IMG_6431IMG_6417

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love your pictures.
    Glad Granderson found his forever home! He will be a happy little fella, and Joba will be too! *(well, I'm sure he already is!!)

    Ali
    www.barleyandali.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so amazing!

    Sometimes saying goodbye gets easier, but then you meet one little monkey that steals your heart instantly.. and then it's back to square one. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat them up!

    They were lucky to have someone like you who gave them a chance and I hope their forever homes will know that it was a volunteer who gave their new pet the chance for an amazing life!


    Hailey wishes for them that they won't get dressed up too often in their forever homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am keeping my fingers crossed for Joba. Surely with a face like that he won't be in rescue for long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog and super pictures

    From: http://www.germanshepherd-dog.com/german-shepherd-puppies.htm

    ReplyDelete